Maido are on the hunt for an amazing design lead to join the family.
Maybe you’ve never heard of Maido and that’s okay, we’re honestly not offended (it’s a tricky word to pronounce and most people don’t like looking silly in public - FYI it’s “my-dough”). We’re a tight team that help brands solve difficult problems. Designers, developers, project managers, strategic people. We take care in our work and even more care with the people doing the work.
We’re here to solve problems. It’s what we get paid for and it’s what we enjoy doing most. We’re agnostic when it comes to technology and process. We understand problems before devising solutions, we’re not a one-size fits all agency and we don’t ever want to be one.
We need a strategic design lead who will split their time between leading the direction of key projects and managing our 5 person strong design team.
On a delivery basis, they should be comfortable as the project lead across multiple projects. They should lead the strategic direction, from proposal, into workshop facilitation and throughout delivery. They should be happy to be the key client contact and enjoy working alongside the project manager to ensure a happy client.
On a team basis, they should inspire and support the design team on their day to day activity. They should lead team meetings and 121s to ensure the team are happy and supported and work with resourcing to ensure designers work on projects that are the most appropriate and fulfilling for them. They should remain close to all team deliverables to ensure high quality deliverables across the board and encourage collaboration within the team to achieve this.
Our Design Director is on maternity leave from mid June so this role will be to lead the design team in her absence and then to collaborate on turbocharging the team on her return.
You’re a problem solver that…
- Passionate leading a talented team and dedicated to helping them grow
- Leads workshops and is confident managing senior stakeholders
- Leads project strategy from proposal into delivery
- Helps really get under the skin of both the business and user problems we are trying to solve
- Ask a lot of questions to truly understand why and what you are designing
- Brilliant at presenting solutions with justified reasoning
- Champions user research, in particular the importance of user-testing
- Can demonstrate award winning work across different platforms
- Champions best practices & enables collaboration
- Loves what you do & have an outstanding portfolio to demonstrate that
We're a big fan of doing things that make us better, you can expect to have access to the latest tech, be sent to conferences and be working alongside a really talented, friendly bunch of people. We work home from Wednesday's and like a drink every now and again — you can learn more on our website
If you like the sound of us, send a paragraph about yourself and a link to your portfolio and tell us what your favourite cake is. And if it’s not the job for you, but you think you know someone who might like it, pass it on, a little bit of love goes a long way.